Medicare Supplement Plan M
Medicare Supplement Plan M offers 100% coverage of all of Medicare Parts A and B’s coinsurance requirements.
It also covers half of your Part A deductible.
These are the costs many Medicare beneficiaries need help with most.
What is covered under Medicare Supplement Plan M?
Medigap Plan M covers 100% of the costs Medicare expects you to pay for:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance payments for inpatient hospital care for up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are exhausted
- Medicare Part B copayment or coinsurance expenses
- The first three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Part A hospice care coinsurance expense or copayment
- Skilled Nursing Facility coinsurance
It covers 50% of:
- Medicare Part A’s deductible
It also covers 80% of a foreign travel emergency.
How does Plan M compare to other Medigap plans?
Some other Medigap plans cover the deductible full amount of Medicare Part A’s deductible. If you turned 65 before January 1, 2020, there are plans that cover the deductible for Plan B available to you.
Some even cover excess charges doctors are allowed to charge for services covered by Part B.
We can compare your needs with Medigap plans you qualify for to help you decide which one suits you best.
When can I enroll?
You can enroll once you have Medicare Part B. You will then have six months to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan with no health questions. This is a one-time open enrollment in which you cannot be turned down for any health conditions, you cannot be asked any medical questions, and you cannot be charged an additional premium for health reasons.
Technically, you can enroll at any time after you have Part B. However, if you sign up after your initial enrollment period, you will be subject to medical underwriting.
Get FREE medicare help